Lockwood’s Greenhouses will hold a Christmas open house from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, November 16, at the garden center, 4484 Clark St., Hamburg.
Whether you’re looking for Christmas gifts or decorations for your own home, you’ll find a spectacular array at Lockwood’s. Make your purchases early– A free gift will be given to the first 100 guests with purchase.
Enjoy a festive atmosphere with free refreshments including homemade cookies, savory treats and hot spiced cider. There will also be door prizes and drawings.
Check out the seasonal plants including colorful cyclamen, which you can see at left, as well as amaryllis and paperwhites. There’s also the intriguing frosty fern, shown at the beginning of this article, which looks as if its edges were dusted with frost.
You can see samples of some of the items you can make at Lockwood’s hands-on workshops.
- Bird Friendly Seasonal Wreath: 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 23. Work with Sally Cunningham and Marge Vogel of Lockwood’s to express your love for nature by making an evergreen wreath made with bow, cones and other natural materials. The cost is $35.
- Thanksgiving Centerpiece Workshop: 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24. Mary Trifunovic, professional florist, will teach technique and design as you create your centerpiece with dried and fresh materials The cost is $45.
- Basic Evergreen Wreath Workshop: 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3. You will learn how to make an evergreen wreath from scratch. Lockwood’s will supply the form and the greens and you learn how to put it all together. Gardening expert Sally Cunningham will lead the workshop. The cost is $28.
- Winterberry Wreath Workshop: 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7. Sally Cunningham will show you how to make a fresh wreath and then take it up a notch, using winterberries, cones, bird and bow. The cost is $40.
- Decorated Boxwood Tree Workshop: 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. David Clark, horticulturist, will teach you how to make a classic 16-inch tabletop tree from fresh boxwood and then decorate it with your choice of natural or sparkly ornaments. The cost is $45.
- Basket of Beauty: 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10. Work with designer Mary Gurtler to create a welcoming arrangement of greens, twigs, cones and berries for your porch or entryway. Cost is $45.
- Williamsburg Style Wreath Workshop: 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11. Mary Trifunovic of Lockwood’s will assist you in creating a classic American wreath using fresh and faux fruit and natural material. The cost is $50.
- British Style Kissing Ball Workshop: 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. Make this doorway or porch ornament using greens, cones, bows and baubles. The cost is $38.
- Floral Vase Arrangement: 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15. Mary Trifunovic will show you how to create your own unique seasonal vase filled with greens, twigs, flowers and designer glitz. The cost is $45.
- Christmas Centerpiece Workshop: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18. Work with Mary Trifunovic of Lockwood’s to design an exquisite centerpiece–made to last–for your holiday table, using evergreen and seasonal plant material. The cost is $45.
You can register for the workshops at the open house, online, or by calling 649-4684.