by Connie Oswald Stofko
I want to find new subscribers for Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, the online gardening magazine for Western New York, so I’m holding a drawing and offering great prizes for gardeners.
Please help me spread the word by emailing this information to a friend. Or share it on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter or your favorite social media. Or pick up the phone and call a relative. Or mention it to a coworker.
If you’ve been reading Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com for awhile, you’re my best ambassador. You can tell others about the helpful gardening tips, the entertaining stories, the full-color photos, the how-to videos and the huge, up-to-date list of gardening events for Western New York that you find right here every week.
And because I value my longtime readers, if you have already subscribed, you are already entered in the contest! I appreciate the support of my current subscribers!
Three winners will be selected at random from our list of subscribers. That means it’s possible that you and two of your friends could win! Each winner will receive a prize package worth more than $200!
The deadline to enter is Tuesday, March 26.
If you are one of the three lucky winners, here’s what you’ll get:
- A low, eight-inch-diameter dish filled with succulents plus a $20 gift certificate from Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, 118 South Forest Rd., Williamsville.
- A $50 gift certificate toward a BigYellowBag or other product from Lakeside Sod, 6660 Goodrich Road, Clarence Center.
- A one-year family membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. If you are already a Botanical Gardens member, your membership will be renewed.
- A special hand lotion for gardeners made by Crabtree & Evelyn, along with a $30 gift certificate from Lockwood’s Greenhouses, 4484 Clark St., Hamburg.
- A copy of the new book Buffalo-Style Gardens, signed by authors Sally Cunningham and Jim Charlier.
There will be three winners and each winner will receive all of the prizes: all those gift certificates, the succulent dish garden, the gardener’s hand lotion, the book and the Botanical Gardens membership!
Official Contest Rules for the Spring 2019 Prize Package
1. To enter, subscribe to Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com. If you are already subscribed, you are already entered.
2. The last day to enter is Tuesday, March 26, 2019.
3. The winners will be chosen by random on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 from all subscribers who meet the qualifications.
4. To qualify, the entry must include a working email address. If the email address is a nonexistent address, if Constant Contact is blocked by the user, if the user’s mailbox is full or if there is some other impediment to the user being reached by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com via email, the entry will be disqualified.
5. If you are chosen as a winner, you will be notified via email by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com.
6. You must respond to the email by 5 p.m. Monday, April 1, 2019 to let us know that you have received the notification and are prepared to pick up your prizes. If we don’t hear from you by 5 p.m. April 1 we will choose another winner.
7. We will ask you to respond with your name and the town you live in so that we can use your name and town in an article in an upcoming edition of Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com announcing that you were a winner as well as in other promotions. Winners must agree to the use of their names and town for promotion purposes. We won’t share your email address.
8. You must pick up your prizes at the various locations that are providing the prizes by the date specified:
- Pick up the Mischler’s prize at Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, 118 South Forest Rd., Williamsville, NY. Pick up the prize by Saturday, May 11, 2019.
- Pick up the Lockwood’s prize at Lockwood’s Greenhouses, 4484 Clark St., Hamburg, NY. Pick up the prize by Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
- Pick up the Lakeside Sod prize at Lakeside Sod, 6660 Goodrich Road, Clarence Center, NY. Pick up the prize by Friday, May 31, 2019.
- The membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens will be sent to you via U.S. postal mail. When we email you to notify you that you are a winner, we will ask you for your postal mailing address.
- The book Buffalo-Style Gardens will also be sent to you via U.S. postal mail. When we email you to notify you that you are a winner, we will ask you for your postal mailing address.
9. Each winner will receive a low, eight-inch-diameter dish filled with succulents plus a $20 gift certificate from Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses in Williamsville; a special hand lotion for gardeners made by Crabtree & Evelyn as well as a $30 gift certificate from Lockwood’s Greenhouses in Hamburg; a $50 gift certificate toward a BigYellowBag or other product from Lakeside Sod; a signed copy of Buffalo-Style Gardens, and a family membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. If you are already a member and you win the prize package, your membership will be renewed. Each of the three prize packages is worth approximately $200.
10. All taxes relative to the prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions, assignments or transfers. No cash equivalents.
11. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. All federal, state, local and municipal laws apply. Void where prohibited.
12. The contest is open to everyone with the exception of employees of Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, Lockwood’s Greenhouses, Lakeside Sod, the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens and the authors of Buffalo-Style Gardens.
13. This contest is sponsored by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com. By participating, all entrants acknowledge and agree that they have entered the contest of their own free will, that the full rules and details of the contest have been made available to them in writing and they therefore understand and agree that Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, Lockwood’s Greenhouses, the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, Lakeside Sod, Buffalo-Style Gardens, their agents, affiliates, sponsors, representatives or employees do not have any liability with respect to any damages out of acceptance and use of a prize. By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these rules.