More than 15 urban farms will be open for visitors during the third annual Urban Farm Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26. The event is free and self guided.
In addition to the touring the farms, there will be free, informal talks on specialties such as composting, therapeutic gardening, and the issues related to food securities. Print a map and talk schedule here.
Select farms will have produce available for purchase.
- 10 am TALK: Big Big Table – Abundance and Creativity: Challenging the Paradigms of Food Security 272 Hudson St., Buffalo
- 11 am TALK: DeeplyRooted Community Garden – Bountiful Beds 98 Luksin Dr., Tonawanda
- 11 am TALK: Grassroots Gardens of WNY – We Need This Now More Than Ever: Learning How Therapeutic Gardening Can Heal Communities 389 Broadway, Buffalo
- 11 am TOUR: Massachusetts Avenue Project (MAP) – Tour of MAP’s Headquarters 387 Massachusetts Ave., Buffalo
- 11am-3 pm WORKSHOP: UB Food Lab – Nourishing Change: Community-driven Strategies for Equitable Urban Agriculture on East Buffalo The team will lead multiple workshops at 11:15 am, 12:15 pm, 1:15 pm, and 2:15 pm. Sessions will last approximately 30-45 min., 117 Zenner St., Buffalo
- 12 pm TALK: Bolyard Garden – Forest Gardening 223 Broad St., Tonawanda
- 1 pm TALK: Farmer Pirates Compost – From Food Scraps to Compost to Beautiful Soil 0 Gittere St., Buffalo
- 1 pm TALK: Groundwork Market Garden – Intro to Urban Food Production 1698 Genesee St., Buffalo
- 1 pm TALK: Harris Garden – How Do You Make Your Fresh Food Last Longer at Home 108 Landon St., Buffalo
- 3 pm TALK: 5 Loaves Farm – The Real Cost of Food 1172 West Ave., Buffalo
Urban farms to visit
Farms are open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Big Big Table & Lugar Hermoso de Pedro Community Garden Corner of Hudson & West, Buffalo
- Bolyard Garden 223 Broad St., Tonawanda
- DeeplyRooted Community Garden 98 Luksin Dr., Tonawanda
- Farmer Pirates Compost 0 Gittere St., Buffalo
- FeedMore WNY 91 Holt St, Buffalo 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- 5 Loaves Farm 1172 West Ave., Buffalo
- Flat 12 Mushrooms 37 Chandler St., Buffalo
- Grassroots Gardens of WNY 389 Broadway, Buffalo 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Groundwork Market Garden 1698 Genesee St., Buffalo
- Harris Garden, 108 Landon St., Buffalo
- Isle View Produce Urban Farm 234 Wadsworth Ave., Tonawanda
- Massachusetts Avenue Project 387 Massachusetts Ave., Buffalo
- Pelion Outdoor Classroom 206 Best St., Buffalo
- Providence Farm Collective Farmers Market M&T Bank lot, 130 Grant St., Buffalo, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Rader Garden 1547 Love Rd., Grand Island
- Urban Fruits and Veggies 117 Zenner St., Buffalo
- WestSide Tilth Farm 246 Normal Ave., Buffalo