by Connie Oswald Stofko
I know there are literally thousands of people out there waiting to hear who won our drawing for a gardening prize package worth $200. There will be three winners, and each winner receives the entire prize package!
I created a randomized list of all my subscribers on Wednesday, March 28.
I notified the first three people on the list that they were winners. Two of the winners got back to me promptly.
But the third winner didn’t respond by the deadline, so I had to pick another winner. I notified the fourth person on my list that they were a winner, but that person didn’t respond, either! Can you believe it?
So I have contacted the fifth person on the list. Is it you? Make sure you check your email. Look in your spam folder in case my email ended up there.
If you do get an email from me, please respond promptly so I can send you details on how to pick up your prizes!
If you are one of the three lucky winners, here’s what you’ll get:
- A $50 gift certificate toward a BigYellowBag or other product from Lakeside Sod, 6660 Goodrich Road, Clarence Center.
- 12-inch high mini-bird-bath filled with succulents plus a $20 gift certificate from Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, 118 South Forest Rd., Williamsville.
- A one-year family membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. If you are already a Botanical Gardens member, your membership will be renewed.
- A special hand lotion for gardeners made by Crabtree & Evelyn, along with a $30 gift certificate from Lockwood’s Greenhouses, 4484 Clark St., Hamburg.
Official Contest Rules for the Spring 2018 Prize Package
1. To enter, subscribe to Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com. If you are already subscribed, you are already entered.
2. The last day to enter is Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
3. The winners will be chosen by random on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 from all subscribers who meet the qualifications.
4. To qualify, the entry must include a working email address. If the email address is a nonexistent address, if Constant Contact is blocked by the user, if the user’s mailbox is full or if there is some other impediment to the user being reached by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com via email, the entry will be disqualified.
5. If you are chosen as a winner, you will be notified via email by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com.
6. You must respond to the email by 5 p.m. Monday, April 2, 2018 to let us know that you have received the notification and are prepared to pick up your prizes. If we don’t hear from you by 5 p.m. April 2 we will choose another winner.
7. We will ask you to respond with your name and the town you live in so that we can use your name and town in an article in an upcoming edition of Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com announcing that you were a winner as well as in other promotions. Winners must agree to the use of their names and town for promotion purposes. We won’t share your email address.
8. You must pick up your prizes at the various locations that are providing the prizes by the date specified:
- Pick up the Mischler’s prize at Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, 118 South Forest Rd., Williamsville, NY. Pick up the prize by Saturday, May 12, 2018.
- Pick up the Lockwood’s prize at Lockwood’s Greenhouses, 4484 Clark St., Hamburg, NY. Pick up the prize by Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
- Pick up the Lakeside Sod prize at Lakeside Sod, 6660 Goodrich Road, Clarence Center, NY. Pick up the prize by Thursday, May 31, 2018.
- The membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens will be sent to you via U.S. postal mail. When we email you to notify you that you are a winner, we will ask you for your postal mailing address.
9. Each winner will receive a 12-inch high mini-bird-bath filled with succulents plus a $20 gift certificate from Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses in Williamsville; a special hand lotion for gardeners made by Crabtree & Evelyn as well as a $30 gift certificate from Lockwood’s Greenhouses in Hamburg; a $50 gift certificate toward a BigYellowBag or other product from Lakeside Sod, and a family membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. If you are already a member and you win the prize package, your membership will be renewed. Each of the three prize packages is worth approximately $200.
10. All taxes relative to the prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions, assignments or transfers. No cash equivalents.
11. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. All federal, state, local and municipal laws apply. Void where prohibited.
12. The contest is open to everyone with the exception of employees of Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, Lockwood’s Greenhouses, Lakeside Sod and the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens.
13. This contest is sponsored by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com. By participating, all entrants acknowledge and agree that they have entered the contest of their own free will, that the full rules and details of the contest have been made available to them in writing and they therefore understand and agree that Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, Lockwood’s Greenhouses, the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, Lakeside Sod, their agents, affiliates, sponsors, representatives or employees do not have any liability with respect to any damages out of acceptance and use of a prize. By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these rules.