The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens will kick off its popular lighting event called Lumagination with a Launch Party from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 26 at the Botanical Gardens, 2655 South Park Ave., Buffalo.
Enjoy signature cocktails and delicious appetizers and be among the first to see the Botanical Gardens lit up with light displays, creative designs and interactive features.
Tickets for the Launch Party are $45 and are available online.
Lumagination continues on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 27 and 28; Thursday through Saturday, Feb. 1 through 3; Wednesday through Sunday, Feb. 7 through 11, and Wednesday through Sunday, Feb. 14 through 24. Hours are 6 to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 6 to 9 p.m. other days.
Lumagination is produced by Luminated Landscapes. The University at Buffalo Theatre and Dance Department will bring new technology and theatrical design this year. UB will contribute illuminated sculptures, as well as a light and soundscape for the interior of one of the greenhouses. A talented team of professors, undergraduate students and artists will work alongside the Botanical Gardens and Luminated Landscapes to bring these concepts to life.
Admission will be $14 for adults; $12 for seniors (62 and older) and students (ages 13 and older with ID); $10 for Botanical Gardens members; $6 for children ages 3-12, and free for children ages 2 and younger. (Guest passes and coupons are not valid.)
Tickets will be available online and at the door throughout the show.
Special events will be held throughout the show:
- Jan. 28: Aquarium of Niagara Members and Botanical Gardens’ Members receive $2 off admission. Everyone will enjoy special kids activities, touch tank fun and more.
- Jan. 31: Photo Night. This night is for professional and amateur photographers only. Tripods will be permitted on this night only.
- Feb. 1: Pride Night and happy hour from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the administration building hosted by the Pride Center of Western New York
- Feb. 2: Sensory Night hosted by Autism Services. Everyone is welcome. The autism community is encouraged to come feel at home during this special evening. ASI’s Asperger’s Group members and Self-Advocates Mike Egloff and Glenn Martin and Self-Advocacy Facilitator Elizabeth Bickelman will be on hand to greet visitors, tour the gardens and answer questions about the benefits of sensory environments.
- Feb. 8: First Responders Night and happy hour from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the administration building. First responders with valid ID will be admitted to the event for free.
- Feb. 11: Zoo Members and Botanical Gardens’ Members will receive $2 off admission. Everyone will enjoy added special kids activities, possible “animal” appearances and more.
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day and happy hour from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the administration building. The first 300 visitors will receive a special Valentine’s Day surprise.
- Feb. 15 & 22: happy hour from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the administration building.
- Feb. 16: UB Night. Current UB students, with ID, will receive $2 off admission.
- Feb. 18: Family and member night. Botanical Gardens’ members will receive $2 off admission. Everyone will enjoy added special kids activities and more.