by Connie Oswald Stofko
Some gardeners know exactly what plant they want and can ask for it by its Latin name.
Then there are others, like me, who just have a vague idea of the plant they want. Something that deer don’t like, or something that hummingbirds or butterflies do like. Or maybe native plants because they’re usually easy to maintain.
If you’re not sure where to go from there, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses can help.
“We take the complexity of choosing plants out of the equation,” said Dan Meyer, greenhouse associate at Mischler’s.
They are offering six-packs of perennials,with each of the six plants in a one-gallon container. The groupings are:
- Butterfly Flutterfly to attract butterflies
- Hummm Zingers to attract hummingbirds
- No Deer Here, with perennials that are deer resistant
- American Natives, with native perennials
There are three ways to get the plants home:
- Easy: You can go to Mischler’s at 118 South Forest Rd., Williamsville, and the staff will help you choose the plants you want.
- Easier: Order online and let the staff choose the varieties. When it’s ready, you can pick up your six-pack.
- Easiest: For an extra charge, you can have it delivered in the Buffalo area! You can have it delivered to you or send it as a gift. Since the perennials are blooming now, it’s not only a practical gift, it makes a great presentation.
Call Mischler’s at 632-1290 for more information.
Tip: There is still plenty of time to plant perennials– even fall is a great time to plant. But if you get them now, you can enjoy them while they are flowering.