by Connie Oswald Stofko
I’ll present “45 Gardening Tips in 45 Minutes” at the meeting of the Scene Garden Club at 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 9 at Loves, Inc., 64 East Main St., Springville.
In my presentation, I’ll share some of the best tips I discovered as I have interviewed home gardeners and gardening experts in the past several years for Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, the online gardening magazine for Western New York. I have to average one tip per minute, so it’s fun to see if I can squeeze them all in!
Like all the events we list on Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, this event is open to the public.
Scene Garden Club is a new club that is looking to grow. It meets monthly and has presentations and other activities planned.
It currently meets at 10:30 a.m. on the second Monday of the month, but members are considering changing the meeting time to evening to make it more convenient for people who work during the day.
Here are more activities planned by Scene Garden Club:
- In April, there will be a field trip to Turnbull Garden Center in North Collins. Those attending should meet at 10 a.m. Monday, April 13 in Shuttleworth Park, S. Buffalo Rd. (in back of the village parking lot), Springville.
- From April to October, garden club members will spend two days per month helping to keep the parks looking good.
- On May 11, the club will meet at Loves, Inc. for a discussion on rotating vegetables. The time is to be determined.
- On June 8, the club will meet at Loves, Inc. for a discussion on water features. The time is to be determined.
- On July 13, members will meet at a member’s home for a picnic and will make stepping stones; details to come.
- On Aug. 10, members will travel to Nannen Arboretum in Ellicottville and have lunch; details to come.
For more information on the Scene Garden Club, contact Cindy Goode, club president, at 592-7149.