Garden Walk Buffalo has awarded a total of $8,945 in 2014 Marvin Lunenfeld Beautification Grants to block clubs, non-profits and neighborhood associations for beautification projects in the neighborhoods of Garden Walk Buffalo.
Award amounts are based on the overall project cost. Eligible projects are required to include matching funds from government, private contributions or volunteer sweat equity.
The grants have helped to fund more than 80 garden beautification projects for a total of more than $60,000 since they began in 2005.
- 5 Loaves Farm
- Allentown Association, Welcome to Allentown Sign Project
- American Red Cross
- Ardmore Place Block Club
- Armory Hill Neighborhood Assn.
- Block Alliance of Sixteenth Street
- Buffalo In Bloom, Niagara Square
- Claremont Community Block Club
- Cottage District Neighborhood Association
- Days Park Block Club
- Elmwood Village Association, Bidwell and North Street Gardens and Dancing Ladies hanging planters
- Elmwood Village Charter School
- Evergreen Health Services, Inc., new memorial for the Life Memorial Park
- Fargo Estate Neighborhood Association, 220 Jersey Garden Project
- Journey’s End
- Linwood Preservation District, Lilies on Linwood project
- One Symphony Circle, First Presbyterian Church
- Unity Church of Buffalo
Garden Walk Buffalo, the largest garden tour in the United States, will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 26 and 27. More than 380 residences and businesses throughout the West Side of Buffalo open their creative urban gardens for tens of thousands of visitors from around the U.S., Canada and abroad.