Date(s) - Saturday, Mar 29, 2014
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Your warm sunny windows would make a wonderful temporary home for the many plants that will grow food for community gardens this season.
During this workshop, together participants will assemble, fill and label the trays. Then you will take home a tray or two and care for the tiny sprouts until they are ready to be transplanted into a permanent garden home.
You don’t need to bring anything, but if you do have the following you’re willing to share, please feel free to bring it:
- Open/leftover/unwanted seed packets from previous growing seasons
- Bags of seed starter soil
The gardens you will be assisting are:
- Pelion Community Garden at City Honors School
- Garden of Stewardship (which grows vegetables for the soup kitchen, Central City Cafe
- The Children’s Vinery, next to The Foundry
- Others to be announced