Date(s) - Wednesday, Dec 07, 2016
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
A Climate Smart Communities webinar on “Climate Change and Public Health – What Can Municipalities Do?” will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Dec.7.
Climate change has increased the frequency of extreme weather events. Extreme weather such as heat waves and severe flooding have serious impacts on public health. Last year, the New York State Department of Health released the Climate and Health Profile report, which discussed health impacts such as heat-related illnesses and deaths, allergies, respiratory distress, and water-borne diseases, among others.
Speakers from the Department of Health will describe the prognosis for New York State and their research on heat vulnerability and cooling centers. Speakers will provide examples of what municipalities can do to help protect their communities from the health impacts of climate change.
Please provide the Office of Climate Change with your name and community affiliation at email@example.com or 518-402-8448. In the event that they cancel or postpone this webinar, respondents will be notified.
To join the webinar on Dec. 7, follow these steps:
- First, click on this link: https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=e0212d65256f64f8ac0cb12d0314653af
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the meeting password: NYSDEC1
- Click “Join”.
- Click “Call Me” in the onscreen “Audio Connection” box and enter your phone number to join the audio portion through your telephone.
- Alternatively, call 1-844-633-8697 and enter the Event Number: 644 863 535, followed by your attendee ID (which will be displayed on your screen in the “Event Info” tab) to join the audio portion. The attendee ID is recommended but not required. It is also an option to join the audio portion via your computer speakers (provided your computer has a microphone).
Two days before webinar, test the computer you plan to use by clicking on the following link: http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
For assistance with WebEx, go to https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/mc and click “Support” on the left navigation bar.