Date(s) - Thursday, Jan 24, 2019
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
West Seneca Community Center
Cornell Cooperative Extensions of Chautauqua and Erie Counties will hold informational sessions on tick-borne diseases and tick management that you can attend in person, watch at satellite locations or view online from your home.
Lyme disease and several other devastating tick-borne diseases are on the rise in New York due to an increase in the prevalence of ticks and human-tick encounters.
The presentation will be given by Lynn Braband of New York State Integrated Pest Management, health department officials and a panel of community leaders.
If you register in advance and attend one of the physical locations, you will receive a free tick removal kit. There will also be a question-an-answer session along with light refreshments. The fee is $5.
The details for the physical locations are:
- Erie County: 4 to 6 p.m.Thursday, Jan. 24 at the new West Seneca Community Center, 1300 Union Rd. (next to the library), West Seneca. Contact Sharon Bachman at email@example.com or 716-652-5400, ext.150.
- Chautauqua County: 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16 at the Frank W. Bratt Agricultural Center, 3542 Turner Rd., Jamestown. Contact Katelyn Walley-Stoll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-664-9502, ext. 202
They will also be live streaming each of the in-person events at the designated times.
- View the event from the comfort of your own home at no cost by joining the WNY Beginning Farmers and Homesteaders group on Facebook. (You will have to request to join ahead of time and will not be eligible to receive a free tick removal kit.)
- Genesee County: Satellite viewing of the Jan. 24 event at Cornell Cooperative Extension Genesee, 420 E. Main Street, Batavia. Contact Janice Beglinger at 585-343-3040 or email@example.com.
- Orleans County: Satellite viewing of the Feb. 16 event at the Trolley Building, 12690 State Rt 31, Albion. Contact Katie Oakes at 585-798-4265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wyoming County: Satellite viewing of the Jan. 24 event at the Wyoming County Agriculture and Business Center, 36 Center St. Warsaw. Contact Don Gasiewicz at 585 786 2251 email@example.com.
This event is brought to you by the New York State IPM Program and Cornell Cooperative Extensions of Chautauqua, Erie, Orleans, Genesee, Wyoming, and Cattaraugus Counties.