Date(s) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2017
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Alfred State College
Cornell University Cooperative Extension of Allegany will hold a shiitake mushroom log workshop from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 11 in Room 109 of the Agricultural Science Building at Alfred State College, 10 Upper College Dr., Alfred.
This hands-on workshop will culminate with each participant making their own inoculated log to take home.
Steve Jakobi, ASC Professor/mushroom grower and Cornell Cooperative Extension have teamed up to provide their first ever mushroom log workshop.
Jakobi will cover:
· The biology of fungi and the basics of the shiitake mushroom
· Choice of logs (bolts) for inoculation
· Inoculation of bolts: spawn and tools needed
· When to force fruiting
· Harvest, storage, and economics of growing
· Sources of spawn and additional resources
Pre-registration is required. Space is limited to the first 25 paid registrants.
For more information or to register, contact Colleen Cavagna at email@example.com or 585-268-7644, ext. 12.