Date(s) - Friday, Sep 09, 2022
Unitarian Universalist Church of Amherst
The Living Green Festival will be held from Friday to Sunday, Sept. 9-11 at Unitarian Universalist Church of Amherst, 6320 Main St., Williamsville.
The festival kicks off Friday evening with a guided labyrinth walk at 5 pm, followed by the keynote speaker, Petra Page-Mann from Fruition Seeds at 6 pm. The evening will wrap up with a bonfire and music. Please take your own lawn chair for the bonfire, as limited seating will be available.
The majority of the festival will take place on Saturday, from 9 am to 10 pm.
Activities will include:
- Nature meditation and Intro to Sit Spot Practice with Mark Chaffin
- Storytelling from the Onondagas with Perry Ground
- Folk dancing with Martha Malkiewicz
- Music concert by Local Americana / Western Swing band The Skiffle Minstrels
- Food and ice cream by Cheesy Chick and Chilly Billy
- Vendor row featuring many local businesses and organizations who can help you to live green
Please take your own water bottle and make use of our bottle-filling drinking fountain to stay hydrated throughout the day.
The festival weekend will conclude Sunday morning with a nature meditation led by Mark Chaffin at 9 am. Then there will be the church’s annual ingathering service at 10:30 am, featuring the Water Ceremony, a Unitarian Universalist tradition.