Date(s) - Thursday, Jul 11, 2019
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
The tour will be presented by the Master Gardeners of Erie and Niagara Counties.
The tour will cover:
- The Peace Garden, where the War of 1812, the Peace Garden Trail and the importance of using native plants will be discussed.
- The Dyer’s Garden, where plants used to dye cloth before the development of chemical dye will be discussed.
- The compost bins, where the composting process and its historical history will be discussed.
- The Hoover House Garden, where Victorian Era plants and garden design will be discussed.
- The Herb Garden, where several herbs and their medicinal and culinary uses will be discussed.
Admission is free as part of Free Farmstead Thursday.