Date(s) - Wednesday, Sep 18, 2019
Frank W. Bratt Agricultural Center
The Chautauqua County Master Gardeners will hold the Evening in the Garden sessions at 6 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month from May through September, at the Frank Bratt Agricultural Center, 3542 Turner Rd.,Jamestown.
- May 15: Using a cold frame and taking plants from house to garden
- June 19: Companion gardening, weed control and cover crops
- July 17: Succession planting and controlling insects and diseases
- August 21: Harvesting from the garden and preserving the harvest
- September 18: ” Preparing the vegetable garden for winter” and “Saving Seeds.”
Each Evening in the Garden also provides time for questions and answers, tours of the demonstration garden, free pH soil testing and sometimes, a tasting.
All ages and groups are welcome to attend the Evening in the Garden.