Date(s) - Tuesday, Jun 13, 2023
11:00 am-1:00 pm
Stakeholder information sessions on New York State’s Cap-and-Invest Program to reduce the pollution driving climate change will be held by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
The first phase of pre-proposal webinars, scheduled throughout June, will provide an overview of New York’s potential program and similar programs designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in other states and jurisdictions. The webinars will present an opportunity for key stakeholders and the public to provide feedback on program design features. In addition, the presentation will include a link to a webpage where stakeholders can access the outline and questions and provide comments. All stakeholder input will be considered by staff as part of the program development.
These webinars will focus on obtaining input regarding design details such as applicability and thresholds, allowance allocation and auction, stability mechanisms, compliance and enforcement, and reporting and verification. A second round of pre-proposal stakeholder outreach is expected to be held later this year.
Here is a list of scheduled webinars:
- June 1, 1 to 3 p.m. – Cap-and-Invest Overview
- June 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Natural Gas-focused webinar
- June 8, 1 to 3 p.m. – Liquid Fuels-focused webinar
- June 13, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Energy Intensive and Trade Exposed Industries-focused webinar
- June 15, 1 to 3 p.m. – Waste-focused webinar
- June 20, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Cap-and-Invest Analysis Inputs and Methods
- June 22, 1 to 3 p.m. – Electricity-focused webinar
For more information, including instructions on how to provide comment, visit the New York Cap-and-Invest website.
Recordings of the webinars will be posted online following the meetings. Additional information will be provided as it becomes available at the New York Cap-and-Invest website.