by Connie Oswald Stofko
Enter for the chance to win a prize package valued at more than $250 simply by subscribing to Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, the online gardening magazine for Western New York.
It’s free to subscribe!
If you are already subscribed, you are already entered. Hey, I appreciate the support of my longtime readers!
Three winners will be selected at random from our list of subscribers. Each will win a prize package worth more than $250! The deadline to enter is Tuesday, April 5.
The prizes have been donated by our partners: Goodman’s Farm Market, Lockwood’s Greenhouses, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, Waterman’s Greenhouse and the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens.
If you are one of the three lucky winners, here’s what you’ll get:
- A wonderful gift basket from Goodman’s Farm Market, 2227 Cayuga Dr. Ext., Niagara Falls. It includes sweet treats for humans as well as a bird feeder and food for our feathered friends.
- A special hand lotion for gardeners made by Crabtree & Evelyn, along with a $30 gift certificate from Lockwood’s Greenhouses, 4484 Clark St., Hamburg.
- An eight-inch succulent garden in a terracotta-colored container, along with a $20 gift certificate from Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, 118 South Forest Rd., Williamsville.
- A custom-designed 14-inch mixed container of annuals– you select the plants– along with a $25 gift certificate from Waterman’s Greenhouse, 12316 Vaughn St. (Route 240), East Concord (Springville).
- A one-year family membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. If you are already a Botanical Gardens member, your membership will be renewed.
There will be three winners and each winner will receive all of those prizes: the gift basket, gardener’s hand lotion, succulent garden, custom-made mixed container, Botanical Gardens membership and three gift certificates!
Please tell your gardening friends to subscribe today so they’ll be entered in this fabulous contest, too! Share the news on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter or your favorite social media. Or pick up the phone and call a relative. Or mention it to a coworker.
If you’ve been reading Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com for awhile, you’re my best ambassador. You can tell others about the helpful gardening tips, the entertaining stories, the full-color photos, the how-to videos and the huge, up-to-date list of gardening events for Western New York that you find right here every week.
Thanks for spreading the word!
Official Contest Rules for the Spring 2016 Prize Package
1. To enter, subscribe to Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com. If you are already subscribed, you are already entered.
2. The last day to enter is Tuesday, April 5, 2016.
3. The winners will be chosen by random on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 from all subscribers who meet the qualifications.
4. To qualify, the entry must include a working email address. If the email address is a nonexistent address, if Constant Contact is blocked by the user, if the user’s mailbox is full or if there is some other impediment to the user being reached by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com via email, the entry will be disqualified.
5. If you are chosen as a winner, you will be notified via email by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com.
6. You must respond to the email by 5 p.m. Monday, April 11, 2016 to let us know that you have received the notification and are prepared to pick up your prizes. If we don’t hear from you by 5 p.m. April 11 we will choose another winner.
7. We will ask you to respond with your name and the town you live in so that we can use your name and town in an article in an upcoming edition of Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com announcing that you were a winner as well as in other promotions. Winners must agree to the use of their names and town for promotion purposes. We won’t share your email address.
8. You must pick up your prizes at the various locations that are providing the prizes by the date specified:
- Pick up the Mischler’s prize at Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, 118 South Forest Rd., Williamsville, NY. Pick up the prize by Friday, May 13, 2016.
- Pick up the Goodman’s prize at Goodman’s Farm Market, 2227 Cayuga Dr. Ext., Niagara Falls, NY. Pick up the prize by Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
- Pick up the Lockwood’s prize at Lockwood’s Greenhouses, 4484 Clark St., Hamburg, NY. Pick up the prize by Wednesday, May 4, 2016.
- Pick up the Waterman’s prize at Waterman’s Greenhouse, 12316 Vaughn St. (Route 240), East Concord (Springville). Pick up the prize by Monday, June 6. When we email you to notify that you are a winner, we will put you in touch with Waterman’s so that you can select the plants from their list that you want in your container.
- The membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens will be sent to you via U.S. postal mail. When we email you to notify you that you are a winner, we will ask you for your postal mailing address.
9. Each winner will receive a gift basket from Goodman’s Farm Market, gardener’s hand lotion plus a $30 gift certificate from Lockwood’s Greenhouses, an eight-inch succulent garden plus a $20 gift certificate from Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, a 14-inch mixed container of annuals plus a $25 gift certificate from Waterman’s Greenhouse, and a one-year family membership to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. Each of the three prize packages is worth approximately $250.
10. All taxes relative to the prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions, assignments or transfers. No cash equivalents.
11. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. All federal, state, local and municipal laws apply. Void where prohibited.
12. The contest is open to everyone with the exception of employees of Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, Goodman’s Farm Market, Lockwood’s Greenhouses, Waterman’s Greenhouse and the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens.
13. This contest is sponsored by Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com. By participating, all entrants acknowledge and agree that they have entered the contest of their own free will, that the full rules and details of the contest have been made available to them in writing and they therefore understand and agree that Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, Mischler’s Florist and Greenhouses, Goodman’s Farm Market, Lockwood’s Greenhouses, Waterman’s Greenhouse, the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, their agents, affiliates, sponsors, representatives or employees do not have any liability with respect to any damages out of acceptance and use of a prize. By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these rules.